Based on my past 100 posts, you guys know that I LIVE to pamper myself. I have absolutely no shame dishing out money on products to add to my nightly routine. It’s my thing. Like some people do ~*PinteReSt*~ crafts, some people go to 68 music festivals a summer, some people are adrenaline junkies, but night-time self indulgence is my favorite thing in the world.
If you follow me on Snapchat (UN: rrollolazo) I snap a lot of products that I use before bed. I’ve gotten tons of feedback and questions about them all, SO I figured what better opportunity than to turn this into a series! Let’s get into it, shall we?
I was at the Origins check-out counter when I came across this product. I briefly touched on this in this recent post, but I am a sucker for check-out line products. Why? I’ve found some of my all time favorite items there. Retailers put them there for a reason because 1) they’re usually the best sellers and 2) the item is usually in a mini version. It’s an opportune time to try out an awesome product without totally committing to the full thing.
Why was I even drawn to Peace of Mind in the first place? Well, I literally felt relaxed just reading the name of the product. I tend to be a pretty anxious person and I’ve been interested in getting more into aromatherapy. Essential oils, found in aromatherapy products, are a very real thing to keep your mind and body relaxed and in balance. I checked the label and peppermint was the main active ingredient. Peppermint is known to calm the mind, soothe sore muscles, and clear the sinuses. If that’s not inviting…
I grabbed two – one for me and one for my mom. She’s the one who passed down the anxious gene to me, so I knew she could use this to chill the h-e-double hockey sticks out. After testing it out, I know I will keep one of these by my bedside for life.
Here’s How To Use Peace of Mind:
- At night right before bed, squeeze one pump onto your fingertips.
- Close your eyes and massage it into your temples. Be careful not to get too close to your eyes because it could irritate them a tad.
- While massaging, take deep even breaths in through your nose and out through your mouth. Focusing on your breath is a super meditative practice in itself.
- Squeeze one more pump into your fingertips.
- Close your eyes and massage into the back of your neck and again, do the breathing exercise.
- After you’ve hit your temples and neck, take your hands and cup them around your nose. Do the breathing exercise again for about 5-10 deep breaths. Your sinuses will thank you.
I do this almost every night and it is hands down the most relaxing part of my routine. It will put your mind at ease and you’ll most likely pass out within 5 minutes of your head hitting the pillow. The whole thing takes MAYBE 2 minutes and I always wake up more refreshed. I bought this back in May and I still haven’t run out yet.
To add this super easy and relaxing piece to your nightly routine, you can purchase it at the Origins store or buy it online here!
Have any of you guys used Peace of Mind before? Let me know in the comments below!
Photography by Rebecca Rollolazo.